Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mama's I am not even sure if I should post int his forum or not

Okay so Ds who is 2 1/2 now has a bad latch when nurseing on my left side so bad that it has made the area around my nipple is sore and scabbed and it hurts so so so so bad!!! and now my nipple is getting sore not to bad but if it bumps on something or rubs on my shirt. It is odd because he never not once had a bad lastch and he is fine on my right side and nothing is going on on my right side eighter. he is getting upset because I will only allow him to nurse on my left side at naptime because I am tring to let it heal but I need him to empty that breast and I do not want my suppy to dry up and I am getting engorged. I do not know if it is really from a bad latch but I have no other Idea of what it could be any ideas on what to do how to help it heal and what it could be besides a bad latch?

If a Mod needs to move this to health and healing or where ever just please let me know!!!! thanks!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
How was his birth? I have a good friend who is a lactation consultant with many, many years experience. She is a 100% believer in cranial sacral therapy. Me too. My first son was posterior and vacume extracted. He had a terrible latch. We saw (and I felt) great improvements with treatments. It's a very gentle technique. I would think it was a bunch of hooey except that all of my soares and scabs healed. We had several treatments in the begining and then just went periodically for follow up or when he would start hurting me again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.