Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the idea of homeschooling, and especially to the Montessori method. Do you think I should even be considering fulltime homeschooling DS using the Montessori principles if I am living in a country that hardly homeschools and the culture even promotes group over individuality (Japan)? In Tokyo, I could find over the internet lots of visible homeschooling support including Montessori, but I am far from there. Here in Osaka, I feel kind of like there's no support -or that I don't know yet where to find it, aside from the internet. I am also concerned that I have no idea where to look for socialization opportunities among English speaking families. DS will be raised bilingual.<br><br>
I tried to see if there was even a Japan tribe here on MDC, but can't find it.<br><br>
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
77 Posts
There's a "Far East" section in the Finding Your Tribe forum...there are some post from Japan.<br><br>
Go to "Finding Your Tribe:, then "Tribal Areas", then "Far East".<br><br>
Hope you can get some support there!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for pointing that out. I did try there, but I can't find any from Japan. I only see Korea and a couple others. Is it there but I just can't find it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts