Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have holes in my sweater! I am making the LTK raglan sweater for my dd and I finished the first sleeve...but where I increased I have these little holes. See this pic--they look like little snake bites:

http://i13.tinypic.com/2zizubq.jpg

I am going to start over--I decided to make the next size up--but how do I avoid this? Did I do something wrong? It is a K1FB increase.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Hmmm. I usually only get holes like that if I use a M1 increase - kfb makes a cleaner, less obvious increase. Perhaps you are doing something strange with your kfb technique?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Elizabeth Zimmerman had a different kind of "make one" or M1 increase. It's virtually the same exact thing as a KFB except that the new stitch appears in the current row rather than in the previous row. All you do is literally make a half hitch- a loop of yarn, and place it on your needle... you know- like the most basic (and awful) form of casting on?... just put that little loop on there- and when you get back around to it in the next row- figure out if you need to knit into the front or the back of the stitch to KEEP IT TWISTED... if you untwist it you'll have a hole. If you get goos at doing these you will eventually be able to put the stitches on rightways or leftways so you can have paired increases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts