Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can sew, and have made quite a few diapers over the last few years, but all close with aplix. Everytime I've looked at the professional snap presses when diapershop has them in stock, I think they are too expensive. But I really do prefer snapping diapers because the aplix gets yucky (full of lint and thread!) after a while (not to mention the diaper snake, despite my best efforts at creating fold-back laundry tabs). ANYWAY, considering how much money I've spent on snapping fitted diapers since YESTERDAY, I could've bought a couple of snap presses! :LOL I
buying fabric, and already have quite the fabric stash, so MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE SNAP PRESS...

Now I must consider the following: do I think I will purchase $100-worth of diapers in the future? Probably, since my youngest is only 5.5 months old, and I do want more children. So getting a snap press would make sense, right? BTW, I've tried the snap source setter and wasn't pleased- the snaps came out after a while. Plus I don't like the metal snaps as much anyway.

What would you do??????

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I bought a snap press and I hadn't ever sewn a diaper. :LOL

I have sewn mama cloth and used my snap press. And most recently, I have been sewing sundresses for my little girl. No buttonholes or zippers needed. Just add a quick snap.

I don't use my snap press often, but I am sure glad that I have it.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I bought one. I figure I can sell it if I get bored with it, they seem to go pretty fast on the TP. And I like knowing I can put a snap in anything.

Most importantly, I hate aplix. Made the decision easier.:LOL

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that didn't take long..... I bought one last night from diapershop.com! You reminded me that snaps are for more than diapers... I am in the process of starting to make a bunch of clothes for the kids, so I'm sure they'll come in handy. Plus the momma pads I made just sit there (no snaps or anything) so they get bunchy). Maybe I'll make a new batch for when af comes back (hopefully not for a while!).

I figured I better grab one while I could. I've wanted one ever since diapershop opened up; it never seemed like they were available, or she'd be taking orders for presses due to arrive in 2-3 months, and I'm way too impatient for that!

And you're right, I can always resell it if I don't use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.