Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been arguing a lot...Has this happened to anyone else? Seems like you should be all lovey dovey and crazy about being in love and honestly, I can't stand him. I'm in the beginning of my second trimester, and just starting to feel energized and ready to tackle projects, but he's like stuck in idiot mode.

I'm sure he's been this way for the 7 years of our marriage, but right now I just find him lazy and selfish.... I had money earmarked for a BRA this week (woo hoo, what a purchase!) and he asked me if he could go ahead and use that money for paint (for his hobby) and then he'd repay it at the end of the week. Sure. Don't worry about little ole me...It's not like I mind my giant boobs falling out of this tiny bra or anything...

We're supposed to go and tell his parents this evening, and we just got into an argument on the phone over something totally stupid and irrelevant. I mean, it's nit--picky crap.

We rarely fight, and it bothers me that we're fighting right now, when we should be really happy. We just saw the baby for the first time yesterday on the ultrasound, and we got into an argument because he didn't do any of the dishes (hello, 2 days!!!!) or laundry that I asked. I just can't seem to shut my mouth.

Is this normal for a normally passive person?
:

· Registered
671 Posts
I'm doing that too. I find i'm just on edge and nit-picky about everything! We rarely fight, too, and DH has been wonderful, but I just don't seem to notice. :-(

I've found that it passes, though, if I don't concentrate on it. I try to find something to get excited about (today it was doughtnuts, hah.) and it helps get me out of my dark mood.

Although I have to admit, not doing dishes for two days seems a bit much... even DH will put them away if I run them in the dishwasher! And he 99% does what I ask him, no complaints.

Just remember, you're in a hormone cocktail right now. Try to relax and remember that you're not yourself right now.
Good luck!

· Registered
245 Posts
I think it is just preggo hormones. Oh, the joys of being preggo. I often have a hard time not getting annoyed with my dad when I'm preggo.

It is hard, but maybe it will get better. It is really hard when you hear yourself saying things that you would normally never say, and then saying more and more. It's like something has taken over your body and is controlling your emotion and doing a bad job at it. I'm preg for the 3rd time now, and I can tell when I'm having a "preg moment" and being irrational, not that that helps me to not be irrational.

Sorry I don't feel like I was any help at all. I'm sure it will get better and your DH will kick it into gear. I think it is harder for them to "get into it" because all the changes are not happening to them. I remember having a melt down with my first preg, because I was 36 weeks and the nursery wasn't finished. My DH thought it was no big deal and I broke down and started crying and freaking out. the look on his face was comical and he jumped up grabbed a paint brush and started painting really fast saying "okay look, I'm painting it's okay, it's okay."

All in all most guys just don't get it. but to be honest when it come to the power of hormones...I don't get them either. Good Luck.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Girls, thanks! You made me laugh, and at least I don't feel so alone in this. You're right, though, it's like something takes over your mouth and your mind and just does all the talking and thinking, not like you ever would!!! I'm usually so easy going, and this last week I've just been a timebomb. This morning I stepped on the iron cord, and pulled the hot iron off onto my back while I was stepping into my trousers....It really didn't hurt all that much, and I don't have a burn or anything, but I CRIED like a baby--real tears, streaming down my face messing up my makeup I'd just put on.

I guess this is something I'll have to be aware of from now on....I didn't get any morning sickness, but I did get the dragon lady hormones
!!!!

· Registered
587 Posts
Ooohh, I HATED my DH during my first pregnancy. He could do no right. Just him sitting in the same room as me ticked me off
I used to come home from work and tell him "I'm cranky. Don't even talk/look at me/be near me" and he'd just keep his distance!

It's hormones, and it's normal. I think it's because you know that you can be yourself around your DH without worrying that he'll leave you/abandon you (like you worry with everyone else).

· Registered
389 Posts
I have to admit that I found myself nagging my husband almost constantly until a few weeks ago when I made a point to stop doing it. I think it's the hormones--I just feel so edgy.

· Registered
924 Posts
That's totally normal. From what I understand, some states won't grant divorces during pregnancy which I think is a bit amusing. In fact, thinking about that when I'm angry at DH during pregnancy usually helps me get a little perspective.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
Hahaha, we've been arguing a lot, too. It all appears to be related to the nesting desire. It seems that not only do I have a huge desire to clean and organize and do everything all at once, but I've somehow decided DH needs to be doing the same amount of work!

I keep making long, detailed lists while at work, then I get home and give it to him. In my less hormone-driven moods, I admit to myself that not even superman could complete these crazy to-do lists, but I still end up getting mad at him.

So far, he's refrained from giving me the
expression.

Poor guy! I feel sorry for him!

· Registered
513 Posts
Totally. This is how my BFF found out she was pregnant-- They had friends over and she and her husband were arguing all night. The friend looked at her and commented on the bickering and her attitude and asked if she was pregnant. She realized she hadn't tested in a while, and hadn't seen AF in a while, so she tested. Sure enough, she was pregnant. When she found out she was pregnant this time, she turned to me and said, Warning. I'm a B____ when I'm pregnant. LOL

DH and I argue all the time when I'm pregnant too. Totally normal. Crazy hormones messing with us.

· Registered
2,912 Posts
LOL! I almost spit my drink out just now. I can so commiserate. I feel like such a nag but DP's laid back attitude that I normally admire is getting on my nerves - I feel like I am acting like his mother trying to get him to do things in a timely fashion. Plus breath smells and the like seem to be bugging me so bad! He's so sweet but sometimes I just don't even want to be touched. Nice to know it's my hormones and I'm not the only one.

Cindy

· Registered
245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnitLady View Post
That's totally normal. From what I understand, some states won't grant divorces during pregnancy which I think is a bit amusing. In fact, thinking about that when I'm angry at DH during pregnancy usually helps me get a little perspective.
Ha, that's great! Boy that will put your mood into perspective.

· Registered
6,797 Posts
I'm not pregnant now (I saw this on the new posts area).

Your post caught my eye, though, because when I was pregnant for the first time, DH and I fought a lot.

The fighting really escalated during pregnancy. We fought over the same issues as we always have, but he reacted differently. He was a lot more intense during pregnancy, and it didn't really stop after the pregnancy. It's not as bad as it was, but it's still bad.

I don't understand either why pregnancy escalated things. I thought he would treat me better while I was pregnant. I was really shocked by his behavior.

Our fights weren't nit-picky things, though.

I hope things improve for you, and don't get worse. Good luck.

· Registered
3,086 Posts
I did this when first got pg. Not so much now. HOWEVER...everything he does gets on my nerves. Chewing, smacking, how he does this, how he does that.

I think it's called HORMONAL. LOL

I think that the reason why I do it is bc in my mind I'm thinking..." You a-hole...YOU are the reason why I am like this. YOUR semen did this to me. YOUR baby is making me feel this way." LMBO!

I know that it takes two...but this justifies it for me for the time being. LOL

It's the same thing that PG women say while they are pushing..."YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.