Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cross posting in BFing challenges

Hey Mama's I am not even sure if I should post int his forum or not

Okay so Ds who is 2 1/2 now has a bad latch when nurseing on my left side so bad that it has made the area around my nipple is sore and scabbed and it hurts so so so so bad!!! and now my nipple is getting sore not to bad but if it bumps on something or rubs on my shirt. It is odd because he never not once had a bad lastch and he is fine on my right side and nothing is going on on my right side eighter. he is getting upset because I will only allow him to nurse on my left side at naptime because I am tring to let it heal but I need him to empty that breast and I do not want my suppy to dry up and I am getting engorged. I do not know if it is really from a bad latch but I have no other Idea of what it could be any ideas on what to do how to help it heal and what it could be besides a bad latch?

If a Mod needs to move this to health and healing or where ever just please let me know!!!! thanks!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemommy18 View Post
when I was nursing dd, I got a bad fungal infection in both breasts and literally had pieces of my nipple come off in my bra. I would check that out first and make sure it's not an infection!

I am going to call to see my OB tomorrow. I know it is not his latch now he has not nursed on my left side at all today and he is not to happy about that that is is favorite side
He made sure to tell me that many times while I was putting him down for bed! I know it isn't because I had 2 more sores/scabs I have been keeping a bandage over it because it hurts It is strange that my right side is perfectly fine??? thanks for your relpy!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Is yoru ds getting any new teeth? Sometimes that can change the latch... A friend of mine had a lot of problems with her dd when she was getting new teeth and found out that their saliva changes with teething and can irritate some moms' nipples. It's strange to only be one-sided, though, so hmmmm... I hope you get a good answer at your OB. Let us know what you find out!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradoalice View Post
Have you thought about having a chiropractor take a look at him and maybe get him adjusted. He could be unaligned and that could throw his latch off.
He goes to the chiro he was aligned not to long ago
he also has all of his teeth to he has since before he was 2

Th OB said he thinks that it is herpes
drop: That Ds had a sore in his mouth and it got on my breast he had me get blood work to make certain of it he put me on some meds to clear it up but he is sur that it is something viral not bacteria or anything like that. He does not know how the meds will interact with nurseing there has not been enough study on it but the pharmicist (sp?) said it should only give him maybe a upset tummy but he should be fine but again there has not been enough study on it so he can not say for sure. But then the OB said he is puzzled why my other breast is fine. I am going to take him to the ped tomorrow for her to look at his mouth he has been telling me his mouth hurts but I haven't seen anything in it so I kindda just said ohh your okay it is fine. But I will take him in to make sure I didn't miss anything. thanks mamas for the fast replies
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts