Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in the Boston Globe that mcdonald's is going to start serving Newman's Own Organic coffee starting next week! I think it is only going to be in massachusetts...now I am conflicted - Do I buy coffee there because it is organic even though I despise Macdonald's, or do I keep going to dunkin donuts?

Oh, the madness of this addiction...

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's actually a real conflict for me. Don't do McDonald's because they are, after all, McDonald's? Try to encourage them in any small way you can by switching?

In our house, it's DD because of the iced lattes. No one here drinks just coffee any more!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
That seems like such a conflict of interest on the part of McD's, eh? Well, maybe in some bizarre way this will influence their company to look into serving actual food as opposed to the artificial food substitues they market now? :LOL

Go with the DD's

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, McDonald's coffee here in CT is organic, now. I have to say, I decided to fully support buying it from them because not only is it organic, it's free trade.

I have to believe that a corporation the size of Mickey D's buying free trade coffee might actually make a difference. Plus it's Newman's Own, and I like the fact that they give money to charity.

So I guess for me on this one, Dunkin Donuts loses out. Although I totally support DD cinnamon sticks!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Mcd's has organic coffee here in RI too, tho I haven't tried it
I wonder if it's shade grown?...fair trade supports the wages of the sale and growers. Shade grown supports the environment, it allows the jungle/forest to be there and shade the coffee plants and stuff like that.
I guess I would go to mcd's to get coffee rather than dd's but I rarely drink coffee outside of any house now, I have been addicted to ice chai's for any coffee shop.

I just finished reading Harvest for Hope by Jane Goodall and am holding my breathe about all the evils of McD's and the corporate world.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.