Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Children always amaze me and I was (and am) especially amazed that my youngest who is 17 mo understands the concept of "me". I have no idea when children usually grasp this concept so I'm not trying to say it is unusual at this age or anything, just that I am amazed. What has your dc done lately that amazed you?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Funny--dh and I are trying right now to get ds (22 months) to use "me." For instance, he stands at the top of the stairs with his arms out (ds, that is, not dh...) and says "carry you." We now usually say "carry who?" and he responds "carry-you me." So cute! My dd did the same thing around this age. It's fascinating to watch language develop in toddlers.<br><br>
Ds the other day looked at a group of blocks with pictures of trains on them and declared "three trains!" Wow, right! Could be just luck (probably just luck!) or a real grasp of the concept that numbers represent an amount of objects.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
DS just grasped that concept as well. I'm thinking 17 months is a little young, but that's how old my ds is as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts