Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you use ME sandys diapers if so how do you like them and how do the sizes run? the smalls say they fit up to 20lbs but so do the Medium Air flow covers I have and they fit my 23bler on the tightest setting.

deanna

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Size 2 is humungous. They're very stretchy, I think size 1 would fit longer than the weight range would suggest. I've only had 2 and I hated them though, all soggy like a wet towell - blech. I only like hemp.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ditto on the soggy wet towel, very nice fit but not absorbant at all! The size 2 does look rather huge, never used it though. I've had a couple size 1s and they definately don't fit from 7 pounds- more like 12 lbs IME, but I also think they fit past 20 lbs, depending on baby's build- and if you use a hemp doubler.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have a large and it's a bit big still on my over25 lb baby. It does get very soggy but I use 2 ME microtterry doublers and it does the job overnight along topped off with a wool soaker.
I like it because it seems very comfy for ds and doesn't leave marks. The other poster is correct, it's stretchy.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My DD current fitted are suddenly looking tight on her so I'm just exploring options, I love side snapping diapers and I don't have a heavy daytime wetter. I was thinking of ordering just a few to try out but wanted to make sure of the sizing. Thanks for the heads up on the wet towel feeling, I didn't like my kissaluvs because of that,so I'll keep that in mind.

Deanna

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I really like mine. I have 8 large and plan on getting some small and xsmall for the new baby. They do take a very long time to season well though but the resale is amazing so its cheaper for me to just buy new...and know that it will take forever to season LOL!

We use them exclusively for the first morning poop because even at 2 years old DS still has poops that need a fair bit of coverage to make sure they stay IN the diaper!

They are a bit bulky (of course I bought the large when Rhys was just barely 20 pounds so as he gets bigger they get trimmer LOL!!)

The price is great, the resale is awesome and they are easily available...you just can't go wrong with that in my book.

Steph

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
after trying out tons of WAHM fitteds, and not really loving any of them, i tried out some small sandys on my littlest one. she is 18 lbs and wears the smalls on the tightest snaps. her big sister is 27-28 lbs and she can wear the smalls on the largest snaps ( i tried it on her, just to see if it would still fit).
i really really really like the sandys. they are so soft and the fit is great because of the stretchiness. i love that they are so white and clean looking. i have not found them to be any less absorbant than my hemp WAHM fitteds. they cost A LOT less, which is nice. if you wanted to spice them up some, you can always dye them. another reason i like them is because since there is no print, there is nothing that can fade. a lot of my print dipes (and i don't have many) have faded already. they aren't that old either. anyway, i really like them, and for the price they are definitely worth it. these things will last long after all of my WAHM diapers have either gotten too holey, too stiff, or just too worn to use anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our entire stash is Sandy's, and I really like 'em. My rather petite 18month old DD is 20 lbs and fits in the smalls with some room to grow. She's not a terribly heavy wetter, and these are fine even for overnight, with a doubler.

I wish they didn't have poly, but you know...I bought them used and these would make it through another baby easily. I like that they're readily available, and they do have a good resale value.

HTH!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys. I think I will try these out. I love side snapping diapers and my DD isn't a heavy wetter so I don't need something super assorbent. I'll probably get a couple in each size to try out to chexk on size before I make a bigger investment. I'm excited this will be my first big CD buying in a long time.

Deanna

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.