Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly need ideas for lunches and dinners

I've just not been in the mood to cook a lot and nothing sounds appetizing. Do you have any yummy and quick meal ideas for me?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Toasted sandwiches. I like to use avocado. I'll cut one in half and mash it in the peel and spread it on with mustard. This is good with cheese and/or meat or on it's own. Toasting the bread makes all the difference. With a salad or fruit you've got a full meal deal!!

Also, I've been baking yams in the microwave
. Sometimes I just can't wait 45min-1hr for them to be done in the conventional oven
. They're great with brown sugar and butter and very filling.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Last night we did brown rice with pinto beans. I bake the rice, as per "Good Eats" instructions (1-1/2 c. rice to 2-1/2 c. boiling water, with 1/2 t. salt and 1 T butter or olive oil in an 8 x 8 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 [?] for 1 hour. Also works well in any smallish baking dish with a lid). When that was almost ready, I opened a couple cans of pinto beans, drained them, mixed with tomatoes to heat. Garnished with grated cheese, onions, and cilantro.

Sunday night was turkey tacos, with a side of vegetarian refried beans and raw veggies.

I've been liking soup a lot. There are great recipes in The Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special, or I wing it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
For lunch, I love to make a faux tuna salad sandwich. I mash chickpeas with my potato masher, add mayo, a little pepper, some celery and onions and then pile it all into a pita. I eat it with a little cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes.
:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
last night we had baked chicken, and tonight were using the left overs for chicken rice soup. ive been craving this my ENTIRE pg, and haven't had it yet. im drooling over the smell but it wont be done for like 4 more hours. lol. one of my other favs is a quesadilla with advocado and tomato. kind of bland but i love it.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
: Boy, I don't have any ideas, but I sure need some. I've been eating Trader Joe's frozen mac and cheese. I really need to branch out a bit.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Toasted sandwiches. I like to use avocado. I'll cut one in half and mash it in the peel and spread it on with mustard. This is good with cheese and/or meat or on it's own. Toasting the bread makes all the difference. With a salad or fruit you've got a full meal deal!!
I love avocado sandwiches too! but I spread it on there and then sprinkle a little salt and a little squeeze of lemon- yum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.