Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shopping the other day and had my diaper bag (more like a tote with a single snap at the top) in the bottom of a Kohl's cart and when I rehooked up with my cart, someone had stolen the freakig diapers out of it and dumped my bag in another cart. That was all that was there worth rtaking, my wallet, phone, keys were all in my pocket. Maybe they took them because they went through this trouble to "steal" a bag and they were dissappointed that there was nothing better (like a wallet) in there. They probably would never know that my luxe baby is worth more than my wallet every day.

They got my Valor Kids cover, a Luxe baby diaper(done for a trade and I haven't even sent her her half yet
) and a Celestial Baby dipe. I am so mad, first that I know that they will end up in the trash becuase surely they don't know what they have. And then that they just plain STOLE from me.

I can hope that they will end up in some box of stuff for the Tsunami victims, but we all know that they won't.

So if you see them on the TP...
lmk....

Just had to vent.....

· Registered
6,992 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Hopefully they won't end up in the trash

one of my biggest fears is that my diaperbag will be stolen so when I leave the house I always take my (how do I put this nicely?) less treasured dipes. If I'm going somewhere other than shopping, like to see family and friends, or the doctor, then I might take something cute, otherwise it's something plain that wouldn't break my heart to lose - but I'd still be angry!

· Registered
2,286 Posts
ya know, most stores have those video cameras. if you reported it, they might be able to at least get a pic. who knows, the person may have later made a purchase with a check or credit card or something. of course, people would acutally have to CARE to look into this for you but but ya never know. and definitely report it to the police. it's a crime.

· Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reported it to customer service thinking that who ever took them had no need fo rthem and they would find them when they cleaned up that night. When I told her that I had lost cloth diapers, she looked at me like I was crazy! I think she was thinking what is the big deal (thinking of disposables which after all you throw away anyway). She didn't even raise an eyebrown wehn I told her that it was almost $100 worth.

No, I didn't tell the cops....didn't think about th ecamera. Might see what they can do....

Christy, don't take nice ipes to the Kohl's in Gwinnett....

grrr......I even thought about taking less nice dipes. but the only one I could find is not a good shopping dipe, need to change it too quickly. Doesn't hold much....need ones that last at least an hour, kwim?

thought I would get the same kind of response from teh cops, so I didn't do anything....
made me really mad....especially when I can't get anyone to take me seriously but you guys.....

I would hope that they would be of use to someone, but do you really think someone who stole cloth dipes has a reason. They have already shown themselves to be _____ fill inthe blank (I have nothing nice to put there)...

· Registered
406 Posts
That just plain sucks. It really infuriates me that people would steal something like that and yes probably just throw it out, since they would have no idea what they were worth.

What do people like that think? Oh well, they will get their's what comes around goes around!

Sorry this happened to you mama!

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Mama! That is awful! I don't know what I would do if someone stole diapers from me! Hopefully it is someone who truly understands the value so at least they will continue to get used on some innocent babe's bum! At least that is more tolerable a thought to me than them being in the trash!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.