·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am ready for my daughter to get her MMR as well. She will get in March 1.
Hopefully we don't end up with a big outbreak. My 2 year old has only had one shot. :/

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Can't wait for my 7 month old to get her 12 month MMR. After a second dose I'll really feel better. Measles scares me, especially SSPE in young children. A child died last year in Oregon from SSPE. A child in California currently has it and is on hospice waiting to die. I can't even imagine how helpless those parents feel knowing there is nothing that can be done.

Reactions: NaturallyKait

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sspe is a big reason I decided to start vaccinating.

Reactions: teacozy

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
The outbreak centred in Wales a few years back caused a spike in parents catching up their kids for the shot. There were huge queues reported at vaccine clinics. The only fatality in that outbreak was an adult (with prior health issues). I've not seen reports on the rate of long term complications, although I guess those families would still be dealing with it. :(

Reactions: NaturallyKait

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
More info http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...onfirmed-at-plano-isd-elementary-school.html/ an unvaccinated child who was traveling. Hopefully there's no more cases.
"Jawaid Asghar, the agency’s chief epidemiologist, told The Dallas Morning News on Monday that the child had not been vaccinated. After traveling to an unspecified foreign country, he said the child went to school on Jan. 5 and then showed signs of measles the next day."

Can't say I'm surprised. Sigh.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts