Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m 33 weeks, measuring 36 weeks at my OB visit today. 2 weeks ago {31 weeks} I measured 33 weeks.

What could be causing this? And do I need to worry?

My OB scheduled a sono next week to check fluid levels and the baby's size.

·
Registered
540 Posts
It could also be the baby's position while you were getting measured, the person measuring, and a bevy of other factors. My best friend always measured 5 weeks behind. She is tiny. I always measured 4 weeks ahead. I am not tiny

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I measured 6 weeks ahead with my 1st ds. He was positioned with his head lodged in my right hip socket. When he finally dropped, right aroudn 40 weeks, I measured only a week ahead.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am really short waisted and always measured ahead with dd after the midpoint of pg. She had normal fluid levels, was of a good avg size at birth, no genetic anomalies or anything. I think women's bodies are way too different to hold them all to a centimeter mark!

Hope everything is fine.

·
Registered
236 Posts
like all the previous posters, i too measured big. 4 cm above by the last 2 months. i was worried of course, even though my midwife wasn't. my baby was born easily at 8lbs. every woman grows a baby in her own way!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I measured 4 weeks ahead with DS1, and 1 week ahead with DS2. DS1 arrived at 38w, 8lbs 4oz and 22" long. DS2 arrived at 39w, 8lbs 6oz and 21" long. As long as you are growing at a nice steady rate, I wouldn't read much more into it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts