Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the dr for my 27 week check and he's concerned that I am measuring substantially bigger than 4 weeks ago. I went from 21 to 33. He's sending me for another ultrasound next week. I've had a few already so I know it's not ~haha~ twins or something. I'm also totally positive of my dates. Anyone have any ideas of why I would suddenly measure big?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
At my 24 week appt, I was measuring 4 weeks ahead. I have measured anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks ahead w/ all of my boys. My doc wasn't concerned w/ my first, b/c she was a very laid back mw type doc and told me those measurements are not accurate at all. My 2nd, the doc sent me in for an u/s and everything was prefectly normal. He measured right on, amniotic fluid was average, etc. I had an u/s last month, and again, this baby (another boy) is measuring right on his due date and the amniotic fluid looks good. My mw wasn't concerned at all, but it was a good excuse for an u/s, which we wanted to check the sex (we were hoping for a girl, but dh didn't want me to get too excited and buy girl things until we knew for sure. LOL!). Some people just measure ahead. It's really not an accurate thing. I don't know why they even bother with it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts