Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm almost 20 weeks with baby #4 and am measuring right at 24 weeks.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Midwife listened for 2 heartbeats, but we only found one.  She said we'll keep checking to see if measurements start to line up during the second half of pregnancy & we'll keep checking for 2 heartbeats.  I would be thrilled if it were twins, but don't want to get ahead of my self.  :)  Anyone care to share?</p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<p>I am about the same as you - measuring about 4 weeks ahead.  My midwife said "we'll keep an eye on things" at my last appointment close to a month ago.  I have been having a lot of anxiety about this pregnancy so we have a scan scheduled for Tuesday... I'm a little nervous, lol.  I compared a belly picture of me at this point last pregnancy to this one and I am a LOT bigger.  I also feel a well-defined baby high in my uterus, which makes me wonder if there's another underneath.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But really I keep telling myself that most likely I'm just measuring ahead because this is my 5th baby... DH kept saying that too, but last night I showed him the belly pics and now I think he's a little nervous, too.  But I know that most mamas who measure ahead do NOT have twins so I'm thinking that will be the case for us, too.  It's good to know I'm not the only one ;)</p>

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
not sure about with this one cos not seen my mw since 15+2 weeks and she didn't measure then but i remember looking in my notes after my appointments with both caitlin and caden and i was measuring 5 weeks ahead

·
Registered
383 Posts
<p>At my last apt at 15 weeks they kept asking if my dates were right. They'd done the same thing at my 12 week ultrasound. Finally the doctor came out and said he believes me that I'm certain on my dates, but that the baby was measuring larger than it should have been. I think it was about a week ahead.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have another apt Wed and an ultrasound, so we will see how things have progressed in all this time. What we do know right now is that it's one baby, and I'm bigger now than I was full term with my son. Beyond that the rest is unknown.</p>

·
Registered
862 Posts
<p>With my prior two pregnancies I have measured a week or two ahead in the 2nd tri but then I end up right on for size up to about 36 weeks and then by 36 weeks I begin to measure a little behind.  I am only 5feet tall and so I think that once I hit that last month that the baby just grows within the space it has- LOL.</p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
<p> My last Dr visit at 16 weeks I was measuring 2 weeks ahead around 18 weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next week I go to the Dr again and I will be 20 weeks. I am curious to see if I am still measuring ahead or not...</p>

·
Registered
675 Posts
<p>I measured super ahead -- 4-6 weeks  in the beginning and then once my uterus got heavy enough it settled down in my pelvis and Im measuring exactly on now :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have had any previous abdominal surgery (appendectomy, laproscopy, cesarean, etc) adhesions could be the culprit instead of twins.</p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<p>I'm still measuring ahead, though the baby's position seems to move things around.  But we had our scan yesterday and there is only one babe in there :)  I think I just tend to measure ahead at first... this time REALLY ahead, lol.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts