Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I called to pre-register for the hospital and they told me that Medicaid has denied my hospital coverage.

(For a little background, my DH lost his job in July and decided to pursue a 2nd bachelor/change fields. He is a full time student and works a very part time job that we were thankful he could find. We're very broke and easily met the qualifications for Medicaid for our state.)

Of course I call Thursday evening at about 6pm, not knowing there is a problem, and those who are in the know have gone home for the night. Plus, our state only works M-Th, so I will have to wait until Monday to talk to a Medicaid worker. So I get to stress and stew over this the whole weekend.

Anyone know why this would be?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I know here that medicaid is accepted at every hospital in an emergency (and still often transported) otherwise you're stuck with one hospital and kiaser, since Kiaser is a HMO you can only stay within HMO. Leading to only being able to pre register at one hospital. Not sure how it works where you are, but that's the case here.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
oh no
that would *totally* stress me out
hope it's just nothing!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
I know here that medicaid is accepted at every hospital in an emergency (and still often transported) otherwise you're stuck with one hospital and kiaser, since Kiaser is a HMO you can only stay within HMO. Leading to only being able to pre register at one hospital. Not sure how it works where you are, but that's the case here.
I'm actually in a fairly rural area, so there is only one hospital.
I didn't think it was possible, either. All my paperwork says I'm covered, so I'm hoping it is a glitch.

Thanks for all the responses and to those who read. I won't know anything until Monday, but there SHOULDN'T be a problem. It just REALLY threw me for a loop yesterday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you asked your doctor to put in a referral for you. He/she has to contact Medicaid and get it approved first. Then it should be covered.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
That is stressful! I had some issues with Tricare (military insurance) saying they weren't going to cover my midwife at the beginning. It was really just a bunch of people who didn't know what they were doing making one mistake after another, and I knew it would get covered in the end, but it was still soooo stressful having to deal with it until it was fixed.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I don't know where you are, but I am in Texas...you are covered until 6 weeks pp...so it hopefully is a mistake on someone else's behalf! I'm sorry you have that to stress about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.