Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ve seen a ton of medical history forms for various people. Under the section of "past surgeries," nobody ever writes "circumcision."

I'm guessing it's because people who did have their kids circumcised (or if they fill it for themselves), they don't think of circumcision as being surgery...others probably don't think it's relevant to the situation, and in a sense, they're probably right. But also, we can't really go around telling our kids their penis is private and then telling various people "oh, my kid is circumcised" when they don't really need to know that info. Really, the only people who need to know what someone is:
1) Immediate family
2) Medical doctors
3) The person himself.

It's just an interesting thought.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Under the section of "past surgeries," nobody ever writes "circumcision."
I had to change doctors due to new insurance. On the bottom of the 4th page of the new patient history under other surgeries, I wrote in:
  • Non-therapeutic foreskin amputation - 3 weeks of age
  • Non-surgical foreskin restoration - age 38 years to present

When the doctor came in he went over the form silently and asked me a couple questions now and then. When he got to that last page he seemed to stare at and re-read the bottom of the page over and over. He was quiet for I'd say two solid minutes.

In subsequent appointments I wore my foreskin retaining cone and showed it to him.

·
Registered
995 Posts
ve seen a ton of medical history forms for various people. Under the section of "past surgeries," nobody ever writes "circumcision."
As I got older, I decided that it was time to get over the embarrassment and voice my distress at having been circumcised. So many people claim to have never met a man who was displeased at having his foreskin removed - and they probably haven't because we are all too shy to say so, for fear of ridicule. So when asked to list past surgeries, I always start the list with my birth year and "Totally unwarranted circumcision". There have been a few smirks, and on one occasion, when doing it by phone, a coy laugh.

I have always been terrified in any medical setting - something I attribute to my implicit memory of being circumcised as a baby. A couple of years ago I had a hernia repair and, as always, was extremely nervous , so I explained this to the nurse - she was quite sympathetic. When I came to after the operation, one of them asked how I was. I replied "Good. And I hope all the bits are still there - I'm pissed that my foreskin was amputated". One replied "Those things can be a lot of trouble". I was too groggy to think up a good answer, but I should have said: "Only in North America where little is known about the form, function and care of normal male male genitalia".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any tips on how to concentrate or any advice for concentration skills?
Anyone can benefit from learning to focus. There are a number of tactics that can help, but it can be challenging to learn how to enhance concentration. By dividing the task into smaller components, you can improve your concentration. Concentrating on a single task for an extended period of time is another method for enhancing concentration. Read more here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts