Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any medical issues (other than hyperthyroidism - which I *know* I don't have) that would cause a second temperature shift during the later part of the luteal phase like the one in my chart, if it's not "typical" of previous charts? I really feel AF coming on soon so I just want to know why my temperature would be so weirdly high since I highly doubt I am pregnant at this point.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I've never heard of anything, but I will say, that when I got pregnant with ds, I had all of the exact symptoms of AF, just as I expected them to come (we were not ttc). For me, the biggest AF clue was sore breasts, which went away the day I started to bleed. I'd give myself a squeeze every morning to see if I was still sore, and if not, I knew my period would start that day. This happened right when I expected it to the cycle I conceived, and I got up and put on a pad, and never started bleeding.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I don't know of anything that would cause your temp to go up like that, unless maybe you have a little illness that you haven't noticed? But, I do agree with the previous poster - when I got my BFP, I was convinced AF was about to start because I had all the regular symptoms, most notably the cramping I always have pre-AF. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Filiadeluna, I feel badly that my previous comment about when your chart went triphasic might be contributing to you thinking that all is lost for this cycle. If your temps are still high there is absolutely no reason to think that you're out of the game. Recall that triphasic pregnancy charts are not that common and that a chart can look triphasic and not be a pregnancy chart. I just don't put a lot of stock in how high the temps are getting as an indication of pregnancy. What is an indication of pregnancy is your temp staying high, past your longest LP. Your chart still looks fantastic, so please take heart! It's not over until AF comes!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Filiadeluna, I feel badly that my previous comment about when your chart went triphasic might be contributing to you thinking that all is lost for this cycle. If your temps are still high there is absolutely no reason to think that you're out of the game. Recall that triphasic pregnancy charts are not that common and that a chart can look triphasic and not be a pregnancy chart. I just don't put a lot of stock in how high the temps are getting as an indication of pregnancy. What is an indication of pregnancy is your temp staying high, past your longest LP. Your chart still looks fantastic, so please take heart! It's not over until AF comes!
No worries. Temp drop today anyway, cramping stronger, and when I checked my cervix it was soft and had some purplish blood. IDK why my LP keeps getting SHORTER every cycle?!
guilty.gif

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Temp dip, but still well above the coverline and even within the third level of temps. One temp doesn't indicate much unless it's well below the CL. I still say your chart looks promising.

A pregnant cervix is often described as velvety and purpleish in color as it is engorged with blood. Commonly it is easily irritated and will bleed if touched. It tends to be higher and tucked, but can definitely move if you check several times a day. The best cervical indication will be a closed os versus one that is open (to allow the menstrual blood to pass through).

As for the cramping... hard to say it could just as easily be a pregnancy symptom as a PMS symptom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.