Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i never noticed this before-- but last month and this month i am feeling extremely morning-sicky around when I think I ovulate. The m/c was only six weeks ago, but i noticed this same feeling two weeks later and got my period just four weeks after losing the baby.
There is no chance of being pregnant (short of another virgin birth this season). I am not vomitting- just super nauseated with a headache (same as how I felt when pregnant this last time). when I was pg with DS I threw up several times a day from 6 weeks till about 24 weeks along.
Curious to know if anyone else has had this happen or if I am indeed crazy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You might need another choice in there, between anyone else experiencing this, and you being crazy.

I'm not quite where you are, but I am getting bodacious headaches and usually nausea with them. Not really morning-sick feeling, but not my usual headaches either. And I think with this last one (last night) I was ovulating. My m/c was 6 weeks ago too. I think the hormones are still flailing around--my breasts are still sore too. I got headaches when I started weaning DS, too--no, one headache that lasted 10 days. From the foggy info I have, I think our hormones are supposed to settle down around now.....?

I rule that you are not crazy, but I do hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
317 Posts
hello...i dont know how far along you were, or if that even matters as far as hormones afterwards, but my baby was stillborn at 25 weeks and it took me a LONG time to get back to normal physically (still havent emotionally) i would say probably a few months. im betting its just your hormones like denise said. by the time i delivered, my morning sickness was gone, but i had a bad bad case of ptyalism. after i delivered, the ptyalism was gone, but i was sick again for quite a while. i would get nauseated at the thought of just about anything. you have to understand that a miscarriage is a hard hard thing to go through, and even if its not your hormones, you could probably be making yourself sick just from all of the depression. my breasts were sore for a long time also... but i would be willing to bet that youre not crazy mama! god bless, let me know if theres anything i can do to help...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I think it was hormones after all. I am feeling much better today- and also got some very good news from the doctor-- my hemoglobins are at 11.1!!! We were hoping for at least nine so this was great. I was down to 6.2 in the hospital.

Thank you for the support- it helps a lot. It's just such a strange, lonely time no matter what I try to do. I am a different person now and I am not used to myself yet. I have been treated for depression for the past five years so that part is nothing new. Now that I can exercise, pick up my son and play with him and such (and now that Christmas is over :p ) I am doing a lot better on my own.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Glad your numbers are up! It must feel great to be able to pick up your son.
In my experience, I was anovulatory for about 5 months after my m/c. When I did ovulate, I experienced such intense ms feelings I told my dh I knew I was pregnant and the tests were all wrong. Well, I wasn't pregnant but that is exactly the only thing it felt like.
Our bodies can take a long time to regulate after such a loss.
Hope you are feeling well today.
Jessie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.