Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Are most people taking 81 mg of aspirin as part of their regular regimen? Also, are statins ever contraindicated because of their negative affect on muscles? And, finally, my family doctor is willing to give me Ativan to help me sleep through the night and not wake up screaming from the nightmares caused by my rhythmodan-Monocor combination. What is the latest rearch and product development in this field? Any information shall be a great help.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I don't believe in using statin drugs. Those are very powerful and dangerous and, in my opinion, don't work. Certainly not worth the risk.

Aspirin therapy is not something I would do unless I had already had a stroke (and, even then, I would research before beginning it).

I don't know what Ativan or rhythmodan-Monocor are. Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
251 Posts
New medical reports are out that say if you have never had a stroke or heart attack a "baby" asprin a day is not necessary for women unless you are over age 65.

Statins can be a useful drug. Do you suffer from high cholesterol? Have you tried other medications first. Have you tried diet and exercise and stress reduction techniques. For some folks cholesterol is genetic and no matter how healthy they live their lives high cholesterol still plagues them. Like I said statins can be useful but some folks are very intolerant of them (muscle weakness, fatigue, etc).

Can you explain what your last ailment is?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by conner_9a5 View Post
Hi,

Are most people taking 81 mg of aspirin as part of their regular regimen?
Hmmm... weird dose. NO?

Quote:
Also, are statins ever contraindicated because of their negative affect on muscles?
If this is a serious question, read Overdosed America.

Statin drugs are extremely dangerous and kill many people. They should be taken off the market. The Japanese who developed them said they should not be put on the market. Then an American Pharma co bought them and said they'd make mucho money off of them. They did. Killed many in the process. And have never shown that they are effective or safe.

Quote:
And, finally, my family doctor is willing to give me Ativan to help me sleep through the night and not wake up screaming from the nightmares caused by my rhythmodan-Monocor combination. What is the latest rearch and product development in this field? Any information shall be a great help.

Thanks,
Laura, Logan, Justin, Sunu, Conner....perhaps you should go see a psychiatrist?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.