Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the thread about the trailers and reviews - have any of you seen this movie yet? I am surprised no one has commented on it! Overall it is VERY funny and yes it contains quite a lot of breastfeeding humor. One of the stars of the show is "little Jack", Robert DeNiro's character's grandson. His parents are out of town, so the grandparents are watching him and he gets to meet the Fockers with everyone else. Little Jack is a toddler who walks, has a whole mouth full of teeth, does baby signs, and breastfeeds! The running joke is that Little Jack's mom pumped a whole lot of breastmilk before she left town and Robert DeNiro feeds it to him via a synthetic breast called the "mannary gland"! I told DH we have to get him one of those!

there are no jokes about little Jack being too old for breastfeeding and no making fun of nursing moms - I wonder what a mom who has not made up her mind about breastfeeding would think? Personally I thought it was hysterical and pretty pro-breastfeeding.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I loved the movie and think it sends some great messages!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
This is the movie that I submitted a video of my twins' for an audition. We are on an email list for a twin talent agency and get occassional emails from them for casting calls, etc. Most of the calls are in NYC and we live about 3.5 hours outside of NYC so we don't qualify. They wanted twin boys but would review tapes of girls. The requirements were that they could speak some basic words, be about 15-18 months old, follow simple commands, and look like they could "still be breastfeeding". We fit very catagory except for the boy part. I submitted their video anyway (no harm in trying!) but wasn't surprised to not hear back from them. I'm VERY anxious to see the movie to see "what might of been".

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I told my husband we needed to get one of those mannary glands. It was molded from the mom's actual breast. My dh laughed and said it would be too expensive (i have large breasts). He also know walks around saying we "Fockerize" our child. We just laugh and everybody thinks we're crazy.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyofBirth
He also know walks around saying we "Fockerize" our child. We just laugh and everybody thinks we're crazy.
Lol. I bet that makes for interesting conversation.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it was cool - dh and I saw it today.
very neat that "debbie pumped for a week to give LJ enough milk for the weekend" - the quote went something like that. Although the ferberizing was NOT cool, I loved how the fockers quoted the continuum concept and kept on going in the room to comfort the kid

the part about the foreskin dropping in the fondue was yuck yuck though. although they mentioned the circumcision in the context of their religion, not just as a matter of course.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.