Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Freehand mei tai, and have absolutely no trouble doing a back carry. But the main reason I got a mei tai was for the versatility (without the learning curve of a wrap
) but every time I attempt a front or hip carry, I'm fine for a minute or two, then it HURTS (hurts my back with the front carry, and shoulder with a hip carry) ... Is this normal?

Would I have the same problem with a wrap? I'd just love to have the ability to have DS THERE where I can see him and communicate (we're learning signing, and I can't see what the little guy's doing with his hands back there!)

He's almost 8mo. and is 22lb (give or take a couple) at the moment.

· Registered
813 Posts
I'm also thinking maybe it's not snug enough. When I do a front carry, I like to have my little one's chest right up on mine. If there's a big gap between his chest and mine, then it's not as comfortable on my back.

· Registered
1,284 Posts
With my 20lb 6mo I pretty much only do back carries in a MT. I love my woven wrap for front carries but he's just too heavy on my front, not matter how tight I get him or high up. That's just me, but I think it's something to do with the thinner straps where a woven wrap gives me a lot more support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.