Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a store the other day and noticed a couple with a baby. They had a HUGE stroller with the snugride and the father carried a big diaper bag. They also had a 5 year old, so they'd been through this baby thing before.

I use a stroller and am not against them. It just seems like so much to take into this crowded store. I took in one diaper and the baby in my mei tai and felt free! I could use my hands. I didn't have to walk insanely slowly through the crowd. With a stroller, it'd take forever to get anywhere because there were people all over the place. Plus, I got to be close to the baby!

As I left I noticed that the mother had the baby in a bjorn-type carrier. So it made me wonder why bother with that whole stroller deal?

So I felt grateful to have such a handy way to carry the babe, and I learned about it here!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yep...Babywearing is great and so much more convient...I can't wait to take my little one to this huge craft fair in the area in his Mei Tai...I am hoping I can get some converts there...Last year there wasn't anything but big bulky strollers

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Sometimes I bring a stroller as either a place to change dd's diaper, or to hold all my gear, even though dd is in a sling. Like when I went to the zoo, the stroller held my purse, our lunches, an umbrella, and some other crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.