Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have to be honest. I wasn't overly impressed. Although the ingredients are definitely better than what you would find at conventional grocery stores, they still aren't as pure as what I find at health food stores or make myself (cleaners). JMHO.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I loved their dishwasher detergent and spray tile cleaner (we have very hard water). But I didn't love it enough to buy $50 worth every month. I tried a bunch of their products and found that those two were the only ones I really needed-for most of their products I prefered whatever I was already using. I stocked up for a few months and then quit it-I just finished up my tub n tile (I stocked up well, either that or I don't clean my bathroom enough
).

The only thing that kind of irked me was when I was getting the 'pitch' the woman had the nerve to question my desire to have a healthy home when I said I wasn't sure I needed to try their products. She was assuming I used conventional products and lacked some tact about it. I tried it out of curiosity and the hope for convenience-I don't think I nesc. wasted my money, we used everything.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Melaleuca isn't a bad company, they just have some iffy independant representatives. I liked their stuff, I loved their laundry detergent and the Sol U Mel, but the rest I could really take or leave.

I originally started a few to make some extra money while at home, but I'm just not the kind of person to do a network marketing type business.

I would say compared to the traditional chemically laden cleaners, detergents out there, Melaleuca is way better. And if you choose to order from Melaleuca make sure you educate yourself on the products, because they do have A LOT of alternative uses. (ie, you wouldn't think to use to the all purpose cleaner Tough and Tender as a fruit and veggie wash etc).

Also, if you don't want to order every month, but truly love the products, here is a little secret to know. Order what you need one month (ie your 35 points worth to get that "wholesale" price for November) and then the next month(ie December) if you don't need to order, or can't think of anything to order that adds up to 35 points, just fax in a new customer agreement form (before the 25th of the month) and clearly mark yourself down as a "Direct Customer". That way you don't need to order the required 35 points for that particular month, but say in January you need some items that adds up to 35 points, simply fax or mail in a new form changing yourself back to a Preferred Customer and you can order what you need. You can go back and forth like that as long as you want. And if you never change yourself back to a preferred customer, then your memebership is automatically cancelled after 90 days.

That being said, I did cancel my membership after about 2.5 years, the business wasn't for me, and I really enjoy making my own cleaners, soaps etc, which eliminated my need to be ordering stuff every month.

If you are in to vitamins however, they have great vitamins/supplements etc. Just ordering the vitamins/supplements alone would fulfill a 35 point requirement each month.

As for the back up order, it is clearly stated in the customer agreement that people sign, and when they sign it, they state that they have read the terms and conditions. It is also up to the person who is enrolling to the new customer to clearly go over that, however that doesn't always happen, and then the new customer doesn't order one month, gets a back up order that they didn't even know about that is charged to their bank account or whatever, and then the new customer is pissed off understandably.

So basically the bottom line, is the products are good, much more environmentally friendly (they actually have won awards for their enviro friendly products) and safer to have around the kids pets etc. But you can make your own just as easily if you are so inclined. If you're the busy busy type person that has a hard time getting out to shop and like this type of product delivered to your door, then go for it. You can always cancel anytime, you have 60 days to return any products, even if the bottles are empty and get a full refund.

And no, I'm not a Mela rep at all, so I have nothing to gain here by posting.
I'm just sharing my past experience
Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.