1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Let me introduce myself:
My name is Ela,
I'm Australian, but I live in Israel at the moment. My daughter is 3, born in Brazil while I was backpacking around the world, to an Israeli father. We did attatchment parenting from the beginning, without knowing that it was a movement that had a name. I gave birth naturally, without assistance, while camping, my daughter was a lotus birth (we didnt cut the cord, we just waited for the placenta to detatch by itself - 2 days), we breastfed until 2 1/2 (though my dd still has some "comfort" nursing, we co-sleep, baby-wearing, organic food, unschooling, gentle discipline, cloth diapers...

I am a doula, training to be a midwife, I offer doula services by donation to anyone in Israel (or wherever I happen to be at the time), especially for parents who aim for natural or unassisted birth. I write a column on natural parenting as well as travel stories and alternative news for a magazine called Essence of Life, www.eolife.org

I travelled for 7 years, crossing more than 50 countries overland on every continent (except Antarctica), I met my husband in Kenya, we were married in Cyprus, gave birth in Brazil... After my daughter was born we travelled with her down to Patagonia in Argentina and then overland all the way to Quebec, Canada (with a short flight over Colombia). and yes, we cloth diapered all the way, and hand-washed almost all of them!!!

Anyway, that's a 'brief' background, I'm really happy to find this forum, there are some really great local sites here, but my Hebrew isn't that great (PC way of saying "non-existant") so I'm keen to get to know like-minded parents in English...

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Welcome to MDC!

You have a very interesting history. Sounds like a lot of fun, all that travel. I know you will find a lot of English support here, and sounds like you have a lot in common with all of us. Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I was born in Brasil myself. There's another mama on here from Brasil.

Sounds like your dc will have a great birth story to tell people!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hi there! I'm in Israel, too (Modi'in). Originally from the US, I've been living here for about 10 years. We have two sons -- 3 years and 11 months. We're crunchier than most people I know in real life, but far less crunchy than many of the mamas on this board! Kol hakavod for hand washing all those CDs. You are devoted! If you ever want to chat, feel free to send me an email to my addy in my profile! :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome Ela - and maryjane.

Come to the Israel thread. (I think you are already there Ela. It sounds like you have had alot of adventure.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wow! Welcome to MDC. I hope we can keep up with your exciting life.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts