Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's come down to moving since gas is apparently going up to $4 a gallon. We both have cars that get over 26 mpg, but DH still drives 2.5 hrs round trip every day to Memphis.

We've contemplated moving to the Millington area, because I just DON'T like Memphis.

On top of that, it's just so freakin expensive to live there, and the public schools are terrible. I know if he keeps his job for any extended period of time we will eventually have to move up there. I could use some suggestions and advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ran across you post this morning! Memphis city schools aren't so great but, county schools aren't so bad. I would suggest finding a home in Collierville, Germantown, Bartlett or maybe even Arlington. These are of course the "burbs". I am currently living in Bartlett...I have one child in the county schools...he is in the 3rd grade. So far, so good. I have lived in Memphis all my life...I certainly don't want to stay here forever but, it will always be home.

HTH!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the Collierville area, fromwhat I've heard the Shelby county schools are in the best top ten in the country. Also, houses are more expensive, but you do not pay huge memphis property taxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts