Mothering Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My cervix is about that low and I have been using the mooncup UK just fine, no discomfort or anything. I did have to cut the stem completely off before it was totally comfortable, but since then I don't even notice it.<br><br>
I will say that the Live Journal site mentioned is absolutely wonderful, lots of great information about sizing and troubleshooting.<br><br>
Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>Hi, I tried a DivaCup for one menstruation and never really figured out how to make it comfortable. My cervix sits pretty low and seems to be lower during my period. (I have two kids.)</p>
<p>I cut the stem off, then turned it inside out. I don't think I ever really got a good suction either. I really want this MC thing to work. Any suggestions?</p>
<p>Thanks. :)</p>

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
<p>I had a keeper for years, then switched to the Diva cup (I was curious)... I liked them both a lot but preferred the clean look of the silicon diva cup. The natural rubber of the keeper tends to stain. I cut off the whole tab that sticks down on both... those things are really designed for people afraid to put their fingers in to grab it. When I left it on it really irritated me.</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
low lying cervix vs mooncup

Ladies, I'm intrigued and trying to wrap my brain around this. I realized in the process of testing out the mooncup I bought in Czech Republic (I'm assuming it's the UK model?) how very low my cervix is. It been somewhat low since I was in high school, but at nearly 30, it's only 2 finger digits from the I forget the proper term so I'll say entry point. I've not had children... but I'm struggling to understand this business about prolapse that some of you referred to...? Is this just a variation in anatomy? Or something that needs to be looked into and/or remedied? My googling attempts did not find helpful things, but I'm curious what's going on here, and if there might be any relation to the ovarian cysts I deal with as well? Also, what's the narrowest fold you can use with an inverted mooncup? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you mothers for all the insights. Old thread but really helpful! I have low cervix and I'm looking for a menstrual cup that should fit me right. As suggested, I will try Diva Cup size 0 now. I tried a few other cups but they were not fitting properly, and some of them were even leaking. This guide - What Is The Best Menstrual Cup For Me? helps me in choosing the right size but the brands mentioned are not available at the place where I live.

BTW has anybody tried this new generation menstrual product called menstrual discs ? How's your experience so far? Thank you all!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts