Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just really need to get this out. For the last month to month and a half, I have been a very angry mama. It's not that my kids are doing anything different. They are well behaved polite children. It's me.
: I have been so frustrated and tired and overwhelmed. Some days are good. Other days, I can't seem to say anything nice from the time I get up. Dh is supportive in his quiet way, but doesn't seem to get it. I've got less than a year left of school and don't know where we are going after graduation, daycare issues in abundance (hopefully on the way to being fixed), both dh and I have cruddy schedules, and my house seems to be constantly trashed.

I'm happy about being so close to being done. My stress is not knowing where we will be a year from now. Dh says that he'll go where ever I want to go. I don't want to make the decision by myself. I want it to be mutual. And we've talked about it.... he swears that he really doesn't care.

The daycare situation is a PITA. Ds starts kindergarten on Thursday. the afterschool program doesn't start until Sept 5... So I have a month of figuring out what to do with him when he gets out of school and I still need to be at my school taking care of requirements (and am not allowed to have my kid with me b/c of HIPAA). Dd's care is another challenge. She was at Daycare A until July 14, will be returning to daycare A on Monday. She was at home with a friend (and friend's 3 yo ds) from 7/18 to 8/4. Friend has to take a class that starts Monday - thus dd is returning to daycare A. Daycare A has @#$^%&@$ up my bill 11 weeks this year, and I pay 4 months at a time. We will be paying weekly, hopefully that will resolve that problem.

Dh works 4 days a week, 10 hour days... If it were the same times and same days every week, I could deal, but it's not... he goes in anywhere between 6:30am and 11am, and gets off between 4:30pm and 9pm. Oftern with the 11-9 shift he gets off work late. I am at school minimum 7:30 - 4 Monday - Friday... and later in the afternoon if I have patients to see.

On top of that, I seem to be the only one consistently cleaning the house, doing the laundry, etc...If they could help maintain when it is clean, life could be some much easier. I think this is the crux of my anger lately... I don't get as much help as I need, and I'm tired.

Ok... I feel better now... just needed to vent. Off to flip laundry and get dd back to sleep. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Mama!

Like you said, we all face times that it seems like everything is going wrong and important decisions are bombarding you.

I think the most important thing is to avoid "piling on". If you find yourself stressing, try to limit the number of things you allow yourself to worry about. (In know, easier said than done
) To help with this, perhaps you could try to prioritize the things that you want to get squared away? Like the preschool/school situation. It sounds like, that is fairly immediate in your timetable.

As for moving, that is such a stressful situation! Especially when things are so up in the air. Would it help to list things that you definitely do and do not want in a new location? And if DH says he doesn't care, I'd live by that

And housecleaning
I am such a "minimalist" in this area b/c I am always stressing about something else that is more important
: Don't beat yourself up about the house. I chose a couple of areas that I *must* have clean for my sanity (laundry, kitchen, litter boxes, toys picked up) and I do the rest when I have time (haha).

Hope you're feeling less stressed today!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.