Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I chipped my tooth yesterday and went to the dentist today. He ended up taking out my old mercury filling and fixing the broken part all at once (I didn't know he was touching the merc. filling until after it was all done!) Now I am freaking out because I know there are protocols that should be followed when removing mercury - my filling was just removed by drilling it out!

Anyways, the damage has already been done so are there any tips for helping my body cope with any issues that this might have caused? I'm thinking vit. C...anything else?

Also, it was a deep filling and I'm a little worried about my nerve on that tooth (I'm extremely dentist phobic and if I end up needing a root canal I will lose my mind!) Any herbs, vitamins etc. which might help give my mouth in general TLC while it's getting over this procedure?

ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty nervous right now about all of this.

TIA

· Registered
1,031 Posts
It is terrible that dentists can be so careless....sad thing is that he is exposing himself to mercury by not taking precautions.

There are a multitude of ways to begin eliminating mercury from your body...I have a list of links with info here

· Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I am also a little angry that I was not advised that this was going to happen. I then could have been better prepared. He did use the cold water method but I did not get oxygen (I am so angry at myself now that I didn't at least request nitrous oxide...I normally can't go for a dental procedure with out it)

Thank you for the great links. I am going to do some of the things suggested (I started extra vit C. as soon as I got home) I am concerned about the effect on my son though as well as he is still almost exclusively BF.

Sigh...this is not fun!

· Registered
6,665 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by apcanadianmamma
I am concerned about the effect on my son though as well as he is still almost exclusively BF.

Sigh...this is not fun!
Can you go to a doc and get your blood and maybe your milk tested for mercury levels? It might be nice to set your mind at ease to see it in black and white on a test result, yanno?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.