Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going CRAZY
: !!!!!! I got my IUD put in on April 13th and not a day since have I not had some sort of bleeding at some point in the day. I am living with pads close to 24 hours a day and I am going batty!!!!! I have PCOS so I am basically infertile without meds...but I just put the IUD in to prevent an uh-oh...surprise I ovulated baby. How long is this going to last...I am so sick and tired of it. It seems like we had the baby and I had my ppd bleeding...at 9 weeks i got a freak period, got the IUD and have not stopped since. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alicia

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
I bled/spotted for the first 8-10 weeks everyday. I started to really get on my nerves but then it stopped. I haven't had a period since insertion, and now I have occasion random spotting for a day or two. I hope it stops soon. If you're concerned call your Dr and have things checked out.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I took atleast 10 months for mine to get regulated too. Well, more regular, I should say. I'm still very spotty. It is very frustrating.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I'm sorry, I did not spot at all. Did have other unpleasant side effects (migranes, mood swings, etc). I've heard that it's different for everyone...

Hope it starts regulating for you soon
:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I bled for 10 wks after IUD insertion (at 8 wks postpartum) and at that point it dislodged/expelled, etc... Some cramping, felt for strings and felt the plastic instead. Bled for about a day after and none since.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had spotting and/or full on bleeding almost daily for 2-3 months following the Mirena insertion. It only became spotting every month (for 2-3 days) at about 6-7 months after insertion finally.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I came here looking for a post just like this-I have been spotting on and off since getting the mirena-usually light-some days not at all andsome days like a light period. I guess I may have this for a while longer it has been about 6 weeks. I am going to be really aggravated if it is expelled-how common is that?

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
: I just got mine today,and i can't feel any strings,is this norm?
:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by medicmama View Post
: I just got mine today,and i can't feel any strings,is this norm?
:
They may be wrapped around your cervix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.