Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I know, I saw a really fat one! Probably full of eggs...LOL. I have noticed, the last couple of days, that a lot of the birds are establishing their territories now. Lots of singing going on out there. Also, we have this Red Bellied Woodpecker who has been using our siding to "drum" and call in mates. LOL Yay!!!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I'm sorry to be a downer, but not all robins migrate. The one you saw could be a return or could have never left.
I do think spring is coming, and I have noticed alot more singing too though

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
:

Sorry!!

I did see a dead skunk on the side of the road today. Which is sad for the poor little skunk, buuutttt.......skunks hibernate. If their out of their dens, that's a good sign that spring is coming.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Uh-oh....we're in trouble now! One of our dogs gained skunk killer status last year. He got 2 of them! Time for that to begin once again....Eeek!

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
DH said it's supposed to be in the 40's next week! Spinach planting time is a'comin'!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilylove View Post
I did see a dead skunk on the side of the road today. Which is sad for the poor little skunk, buuutttt.......skunks hibernate. If their out of their dens, that's a good sign that spring is coming.
mmmm.....I smelled one...does that count?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Yes, muddy kids are a sure sign

You have crocuses blooming already? Mine are just barely sending up leaves. I supose it shouldn't be too much longer though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.