Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is a very heavy wetter and I find that she is getting diaper rashes lately.
I've heard that strips of microfleece work well to wick away moisture from baby's skin...

I'm wondering if there is a particular brand or type of microfleece that I should look for or if basic stuff from the fabric store will work well.

Also, what has your experience been with microfleece? Effective or would you recommend something else?

Thx!

·
Registered
427 Posts
It does work the way they say it does! I have never tried anything but Malden Mills or Polar Fleece brands. You can sometimes find them at local fabric stores but if not then you can try searching on line. I hear that other kinds of fleece, although cheaper, pill too much so that they look bad after a couple of washes. But still work.

Hope this helps,

Azadeh

·
Registered
650 Posts
Malden Mills makes the best fleece, but as far as I know, you can't buy it in stores, you can only get it online. Either the microfleece or the 100wt. will work for liners.

The microfleece they sell at Joann's or Walmart or any other fabric store will work just fine. I've found that pilling isn't much of a problem with microfleece, it's mostly a problem with the thicker fleeces you would use for a cover.

I use mostly fleece pockets for DS, and I think microfleece works great! Even if I let him stay in a diaper for WAY too long, his bottom is never all wet, and he hasn't had a real diaper rash since we started using them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.