Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Try to frame it this way. At least now ANY parent that lets their child go to Neverland knows that they are taking a calculated risk with their children's well being. How many parents are going to be willing to bet that these charges were totally without substance?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Many will. The reports and previous charges have been discussed in the press for years and parents have continued to send their children.

The other issue is that this will do nothing but reinforce his invincibility to himself and he will continue as if nothing happened.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am in AWE!!! I have always thought he was guilty form years ago. I cannot belive anyone would let their child attend such a p-lace. MY aunt is in tyhe book fair busines sand there are 2 private schools RIGHT across the street from neverland ranch... She didnt know until she decdied to drive up htere to introduce herslef and couldnt get thru since it was the day they were taking TRUCKLOADS of EVIDENCE out of neverland.

I am a surviror of sexcual abuse myself and cannot imagine letting my kids go "play" with a full grown adult. There is SOMETHING wrong with a man who has really no interst in adults, but is facinated with children.

I could go on and on. hubby said he is not surprised, afdterall OJ got off too!!! Oh to be a celeberity... you could do wahtever you want!!!

·
Banned
628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Cloth
There is SOMETHING wrong with a man who has really no interst in adults, but is facinated with children.
Not just fascinated with children...he's fascinated specifically with MALE children and male children only. And these 'best buddies' are quickly discarded when they get too big, so, how can he possibly care about them as human beings?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
He was found not guilty because the prosecutor's case sucked. Even though I don't like the man and I believe it's very likely he's a person with an extremely inappropriate sense of boundaries where children are concerned (if not an out-and-out child molestor), from what I saw of the case, I think the jury made the right decision.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonfly
He was found not guilty because the prosecutor's case sucked. Even though I don't like the man and I believe it's very likely he's a person with an extremely inappropriate sense of boundaries where children are concerned (if not an out-and-out child molestor), from what I saw of the case, I think the jury made the right decision.

ITA

the State did not prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt

MJ should heed this as a blessing & a warning
:

eta - listening to the jury speaking right now

·
Banned
628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by polka123
ITA

the State did not prove it's case beyond a reasonable doubt & add in the shady family - Voila
Michael should heed this as a blessing & a warning

I sadly concur.

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
ITA with dragonfly and polka123 esp. this should be seen as a warning.

the one thing that came thru v. easily was that the mom was a fortune hunter.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeebean
Its a great day to be a child molester in this country.

Specifically, a *rich* child molester.

I do not think MJ will have learned his "lesson"--- this is not the first opportunity. I doubt it will be the last.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
They weren't on trial. The defense would be doing a half-assed job, though, if it didn't scrutinize any possible motives behind the allegations. Not only that, but one of the prosecution's lead witnesses was being brought up on robbery charges.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.