Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
I saw it.

He basically took Barbara Walters' side and said it is not too much to ask for a woman to cover herself and the baby with a blanket.

So annoying. I am writing him an email but he only likes really 'pithy' ones so I have to work on it.

· Registered
9,175 Posts

Ugh. One more reason to add to my long list of reasons I can't stand O'Reilly.

That man is like fingernails on a chalk board to me...seriously. I literally get antsy and squirmy just from the sound of his voice.

· Registered
4,376 Posts
dh, a bf'ing friend of ours, and i watched it, all yelling at bill o'reilly at the same time. dh wrote him an email at the end of the show.

Quote:
this man's point of view (breastfeeding):
Most women expose more skin while wearing their bathing suits than they would while breastfeeding.

Expecting women to wear shawls while breastfeeding is unrealistic.........should women only breastfeed when thge temperature is under 80 degrees?

The next person I hear suggest that a woman could excuse herself and feed her child in a public restroom, I will suggest that that person should try eating his or her lunch while sitting on a toilet.

Sorry Bill, you dropped the ball on this one.

· Premium Member
1,051 Posts
You know what? I am a traditional Catholic and a conservative and I LOATHE
:puke Bill O'Reilly. The man is a total ass, and I ain't talking about a donkey either. He's an idiot.

jen; mom
to seven
:

· Registered
105 Posts
Just popping in as another traditionalist catholic who doesn't understand how Bill O'Reilley can be uncomfortable with nursing when he belongs to a religion where:
a) the previous pope wrote an encyclical about how women should breadfeed
b) there is a shrine to our Lady of La Leche
c) one of the dominant aristic themes in the church is of Mary nursing Christ while showing way more of her breast than I could without taking off my entire shirt in public
And just as a side note, my baby just won't nurse under a shawl or in a bathroom. She gets really mad if I try the shawl and starts crying and flailing. So :nana:

· Registered
9,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanPlanter
ugh.

I missed it (I forgot...)
but I'm sorta glad I did.
Be glad you did. I sent Ms. Malkin a thank you email for not backing down. I loathe O'Reilly. And my child wouldn't accept anything but a breast for almost 5 mos. and would NOT nurse with a cover over him. I think O'Reilly needs to eat all of his meals in public restrooms from now on. I find the sight of him eating offensive and embarassing to watch.
Jerk.

· Registered
986 Posts
Isn't he the pervert that was accused of sexual harrasment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta
I saw it.

He basically took Barbara Walters' side and said it is not too much to ask for a woman to cover herself and the baby with a blanket.

So annoying. I am writing him an email but he only likes really 'pithy' ones so I have to work on it.

· Registered
8,415 Posts
he did, smirking all the while.

here is the email i didn't send (as i did not see the original piece), that ran thru *my* head while watching him answer letters.

'babies need to eat, and most won't eat with a blanket over their heads. you, sir, are a dumbass.'

fwiw, most of humanity through history has been xenophobic, down to tribes in new guinea in a valley a mile from each other TO THIS DAY that speak entirely different languages & kill each other on sight. 'nasty' is painting someone with different political views as specifically more xenophobic than say, that. because considering that borders should be at all protected makes one 'xenophobic'. and nasty. unless, of course, you are vicente fox and the borders being protected are mexico's southern ones from *their* economic refugees. it's only u.s. citizens that are so- 'nasty'.

i like michelle malkin. and she has stuck up for our side before. i don't think it was necessary to bring her politics into this at all; a simple 'good for her' would've worked.

come to think of it, the conservative christian/muslim moms in my playgroup also nurse openly, the pagan liberals bottlefed (and they are all excellent ladies & mothers that i adore.) i'm glad the pagans & the fundamentalists there are so accepting of this libertarian heretic freak.

gee, i dislike stereotyping.

and good for michelle.

(btw, i am loving this media coverage, aren't you all? i can brag that i know the women who started the nurse-in
and i have found myself finding more excuses to nurse my almost 3 yr old in public when he wants to, instead of putting him off. more media! more breastesses! i'm wallowing in it!)

suse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.