Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that on the roster, there are a lot of MI mamas


I figured we could all check in here!

I'm Erica from Livonia
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
I'm Melissa from Westland MI
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,988 Posts
Stephanie, near Lansing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
I thought I would let all you Michigan Mamas know about the Michigan Natural Parenting Forum... it's a really great resource full of wonderful women!

http://www.michigannaturalparenting.com

We do have a bit of security... there is a public forum where you need to post 10 times before the rest of the forum opens up. I'm honeybee there, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I thought I would let all you Michigan Mamas know about the Michigan Natural Parenting Forum... it's a really great resource full of wonderful women!

http://www.michigannaturalparenting.com

We do have a bit of security... there is a public forum where you need to post 10 times before the rest of the forum opens up. I'm honeybee there, too.

I am on there! I rarely ever go on it though


I am also on Naturally Attached of MI (NAMI)
, which has a lot more mamas from the east side of the state
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
888 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I thought I would let all you Michigan Mamas know about the Michigan Natural Parenting Forum... it's a really great resource full of wonderful women!

http://www.michigannaturalparenting.com

We do have a bit of security... there is a public forum where you need to post 10 times before the rest of the forum opens up. I'm honeybee there, too.

I'm on it too. I'll be outing myself in a month or so.
(i bet you can figure out who I am though...shhh)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
Leighanne in Plymouth

We're so close!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
Where/how/who are you all birthing with?
I'm planning another UC. You?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,583 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by belchers1 View Post
I'm planning another UC. You?
hmmm...now that's a good question...

dd1: Oakwood
dd2: St Mary Mercy, Livonia
dd3: St Mary Mercy, Livonia
ds1: Home

ds2: St Joe, Ypsi (was supposed to be the ABC @ Providence)

I really liked St Mary Mercy, but I really liked my HB MW too. The doctor that stepped in at the last minute and delivered my fifth and graciously provided an u/s for my fourth even though I was hbing is a really great Catholic which means a lot to me, but...the prenatal care is lacking and so 'standard' it's not even funny and I didn't really like St Joe's that much.

So...I'm still deciding...my ideal would be prenatal care from a MW and then delivery at St Mary Mercy...I think.

I know that's weird, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
hmmm...now that's a good question...

dd1: Oakwood
dd2: St Mary Mercy, Livonia
dd3: St Mary Mercy, Livonia
ds1: Home

ds2: St Joe, Ypsi (was supposed to be the ABC @ Providence)

I really liked St Mary Mercy, but I really liked my HB MW too. The doctor that stepped in at the last minute and delivered my fifth and graciously provided an u/s for my fourth even though I was hbing is a really great Catholic which means a lot to me, but...the prenatal care is lacking and so 'standard' it's not even funny and I didn't really like St Joe's that much.

So...I'm still deciding...my ideal would be prenatal care from a MW and then delivery at St Mary Mercy...I think.

I know that's weird, right?
I had DS at St. Mary's. Overall, it was a decent experience. (I had complaints, but minimal for a hospital birth, IYKWIM)

Hmmm, well, you still havetime to figure things out! Maybe you could see both a HB midwife, and a St. Mary's OB until you figure things out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcimom View Post
Where/how/who are you all birthing with?
Planning my second home birth. Kate Mazzara was my mw with DS and I'd like to have her this time around too, but it's up in the air for now.

I'd like to UC, but after DS had shoulder dystocia and we had an early loss in November, DH isn't on board. I'm fine with an attended birth if that's what it takes for him to be comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
I'm planning my third homebirth. I'm using a different midwife this time... I love my original midwife, but I've become really good friends with another midwife who also happens to live really close to me... and I have really fast births. I still need to call my original midwife, to let her know, though. Really, I couldn't go wrong with any of the wonderful homebirth midwives in my area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I'm Amelia from Monroe (near Detroit and Toledo)

This will be my first and I am looking into a non-hospital delivery. I might not be ready for an at-home, but any suggestions on where to begin?

I know there is a birthing center in temperance, MI which would be close to me, but I don't know anything about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliabelle1 View Post
I'm Amelia from Monroe (near Detroit and Toledo)

This will be my first and I am looking into a non-hospital delivery. I might not be ready for an at-home, but any suggestions on where to begin?

I know there is a birthing center in temperance, MI which would be close to me, but I don't know anything about it.
Here is a midwifery directory for Michigan.
http://www.michiganmidwives.org/

I would visit the birth center, and interview all the midwives in your area and pick whoever gels with you most. You could also visit a local hospital for contrast to make sure you know what you want to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Hi Mamas!

I'm crashing from the May club but I just wanted to say hi to you Michiganders! I was raised in Canton and moved to Rochester Hills when I was 18. Lived there for 7 years. I'm in NY now, thanks to DH's schooling but I miss Michigan. My family is still in Rochester Hills.

Wishing you all wonderful pregnancies!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameliabelle1 View Post
I'm Amelia from Monroe (near Detroit and Toledo)

This will be my first and I am looking into a non-hospital delivery. I might not be ready for an at-home, but any suggestions on where to begin?

I know there is a birthing center in temperance, MI which would be close to me, but I don't know anything about it.
Linda Johnson owns the birthing center in Temperance. She is AWESOME! That is who I want to go through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Thanks, its always encouraging to hear from someone who's been there done that. I think i'll set up a tour and get some info. I guess i'm probably worried about the usual stuff and hopefully she can answer my questions.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top