Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So I bought a large stack of Microfiber towels for cleaning at Home depot for about 10 bucks. Ive read stuff about microfiber and how you dont have to use chemicals to clean and they pick up 99% of germs. Is this true?</p>
<p>Ive been very pleased with them so far Im just wondering if I should believe the hype. Anyone know about these? I certainly dont use paper towels like i was and with just a bit of water they even get my windows clean... Elbow grease and the sink looks shiny and clean too... Im just wondering about the germs...</p>
<p>Anyone know? </p>

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
<p>I've never worried about germs - and I don't always use a microfibre, sometimes just a random rag lying around (hadn't actually heard they pick up germs?). We're not a sickly family despite my never disinfecting (even when ds was immunocompromised I didn't worry about our own household germs). I'm more inclined to think the hype is in thinking we need to have a germ-free house to be healthy...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd go ahead and carry on using them! They give an awesome shine and sparkle and so easy (and you're not spending money on chemicals, nor washing chemicals down the drain).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>:)</p>

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
<p>Not sure what exactly your concern is about germs?  I don't think they would be more likely to pick those up than any other cloth.  I just toss mine in the wash once in a while or when they look dirty, usually with a load of towels (no fabric softener or dryer sheets!).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I love microfibre cloths for dusting and cleaning anything that needs to be shiny like stainless appliances or granite counters.</p>

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
<p>I use them for 1) more absorbency than a regular dish towel, and 2) no lint.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've never heard about the germ thing, but it wouldn't be something I would want. I like our germs. I'm a believer in the hygeine hypothesis.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts