Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be 35 in a few months, and I feel like my body is going crazy. I have two kids, so I have been pregnant/breastfeeding for the last six years. I weaned my son about six months ago. I don't know if my body is still adjusting hormonally to weaning or if my body is just changing. My periods are more intense, I am so EMOTIONAL, my digestion has changed, anxiety, etc.

Anyone else? Or is it time for a doc visit?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've seen some subtle changes, but I think if your changes are very distinct and abrupt, that's not age-related.

I'd be paying attention to the hormone and digestion connection. I have trouble with digestion and adrenal (energy) hormones, rather than sex-mood hormones. For instance, I don't know much about it, but PCOS seems to come from a higher sugar diet and lead to high levels of male hormones and intense periods, IIRC.

Sometimes it's a condition that doctors don't have a diagnosis for, and then it can help to see a naturopathic doctor or functional medicine doctor. It might be easier to figure out how to naturally treat digestion than hormones.

I'm on the AIP diet myself (autoimmune protocol), a type of elimination diet, and its main focus is healing leaky gut, and the AIP author Sarah Ballantyne, who was a science researcher before having kids, helps keep things up to date with the latest and most detailed research. It's tough and a real commitment, but on the other hand there are lots and lots of good recipes, not always the case with restricted diets. There's a lot of support in facebook groups, and knowledgeable people (sometimes). I don't know if it'd be the best fit for you, but it's one of the options out there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Might want to see an acupuncturist/naturopath with experience in women's health. Mine helped me identify major some nutritional deficiencies that were lingering postpartum. Some diet and exercise tweaking did me a world of good. Childbearing is a huge tax on your body, so maybe your malaise isn't solely a function of your age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts