Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, on CD10, I noticed little bits of bright red blood throughout the day. I probably wouldn't have notice it but for the small amounts in the toilet and when I wipped. I did have AF like cramps the day before (CD9) so it was really weird. There was nothing yesterday after about 7pm and nothing this mroning or afternoon until DH and I BD'd. After that I noticed bright red blood again! I'm a little worried. This is DH's and I's 6th cycle TTC. This happened to me once last cycle after DH and I BD'd. I just started taking Vitex last month because I have a shortened LP and already last cycle I made it to 12DPO. Any thoughts what could be causing this and should I call my OB? TIA!

· Registered
994 Posts
How long is your cycle usually? Do you chart? Some people have spotting at ovulation, but you probably know that.

Vitex is good for many people (it was great for me!), but at least some have experienced irregular bleeding with it, so that could be a factor. The cramps + bleeding, especially if its in the absence of, say, sex that bumped your cervix, might be an indication of something not quite right. For myself, not a highly doctor-compatible person (and not really open to invasive testing or pharmaceutical or surgical intervention), I probably wouldn't go to the doctor. I would maybe stop the vitex and see if my next cycle is normal. But if you have other symptoms aside from the irregular bleeding, you might want to go to the doctor.

But this is just my opinion about what I would do--you know yourself and are the best person to decide what you should do. Good luck!

ETA: Oops, now I see your chart. I have to say that with your erratic temps, luteal phase insufficiency may not be your main issue. Is your health pretty good in general? I've learned a lot about why vitex or progesterone might not work for everyone by reading the book The Infertility Cure, by Randine Lewis (even though I'm not suffering from infertility). It's about using Traditional Chinese Medicine principles to balance your cycles.

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply.

I, too, try to avoid the doctor whenever possible and I really don't want to start down the road of extensive tests. But I also don't want to be so hard-headed that I just try to do things myself and end up just screwing my body up. I did have my porgesterone tested a couple of months ago and it was Ok. My OB didn't seemed to be worried about it or my LP at all. Maybe I should just stop taking the Vitex and see what happens.

I am overall pretty healthy. I eat well, exercise, and get plenty of rest. I'm at a healthy body weight with a BMI of 20. I have had plenty of health issues in the past, though (ie. eating disorder that lead to no period for 3 years and plenty of digestive issues once I tried to get better). All of that is behind for for at least 3 years, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.