Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I usually O around day 18 or so (and am fighting a short LP afterward).  Today, which is CD 13, I had some spotting (on tp only, light pink/brown mixed with some cm).  I know this can be a sign of ovulation but my OPK came back negative.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The spotting was noticed two times in the afternoon and now, evening time, it is gone.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can ovulation spotting happen before you actually O or do you think it's not related at all?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
<p>I wouldn't think that O spotting would happen in advance of O, but I'm not sure.  Maybe it's just some leftover blood from AF that's just now making it's way out? </p>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Well, I found  a couple of articles online saying it was a pre-O sign but nothing mentioned whether or not I should have a positive OPK when it happens.  So it's still a mystery...</p>

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
<p>If the articles say it may be a pre-O sign, get to BDing!  A little extra BDing sure can't hurt.  :)</p>

·
Registered
659 Posts
<p>By chance do you have a tilted/tipped uterus?  I have one just like my mother, and she was told that mid-cycle spotting could be caused to her uterus not emptying completely during AF.  During any exercise, activity, BD, or the like, extra flow can be "cleaned out" of the uterus causing spotting.  If you have a tilted uterus that may explain it, otherwise, it's probably your body gearing up to O.</p>

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>I don't think so since mid-cycle spotting isn't common for me (although I remember it happening like 4-5 years ago, when we were not TTC).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is our fertility window anyway so BDing is definitely happening! ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still had negative OPKs today.  And the spotting hasn't returned.  I continued to search online for an answer and found others with the same question but no actual answers to whether or not an OPK should be positive if it was O spotting.  So still a big hrmmmm....</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts