Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a dramatic drop in supply just mid-cycle each month? I get so sore and the wells run dry around the time I ovulate. Any strategies for keeping the milk up for my day and night nursing 2-year-old DS?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am so glad that I saw this! I got my AF back when my DD was 6 months and we were totally breastfeeding. I happened to me when I figured I was ovulating. I got sort of freaked out about it and my LLL leaders had no information about it. I pump and want to continue having a supply on hand. I can't get much about one bottle every 4 or 5 days. I take lots of fenugreek seed pills. Where did you find the more milk plus tincture?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yup, I do it, too. I noticed it when Bailey was nursing and now, again, with the boys. I eat a lot of oatmeal cookies and oatmeal for breakfast around ovulation and make sure my water intake is at top notch - like a gallon or more a day. That seems to help. Otherwise, the dip doesn't seem too horrible. I've chalked it up to having the demand of two nurslings this time, so there's never a lull, if that makes sense. The boys nurse a little more frequently and I feel less full but the dual demand seems to keep things running.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm definitely going to keep my water intake up next cycle and make some good oatmeal cookies -- thanks for the tips.<br><br>
As for the more milk plus tincture, I got it at a health food store (like Wild Oats or Whole Foods). MotherLove makes it and I think you can get it online. I smell like maple syrup from the fenugreek but DS doesn't seem to mind :LOL

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
my cyclical drop happens a few days before AF shows up. I don't worry or try to do anything about it, I know it always goes back up a few days after AF starts. I take the opportunity to sit around and nurse my little one all day and relax and be good to myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts