Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby girl is going to be 22 months when new babe arrives. She has an older sister who will be 4 when new babe arrives. Zoe is very attached to me--more so than Violet was at her age because I was working when V was this age. We are nursing 1-2 times a day but I plan on being done this summer.<br><br>
In all, Zoe is and always has been pretty clingy with me. I don't mind now (ok, sometimes I mind), but I worry about when the new baby comes. She is so possessive of me--when Violet tries to snuggle with me Zoe always comes and tries to push V away or screams for me to pick her up.<br><br>
I want to do my best to avoid the middle-child thing but am worried I will not have the patience or the energy to give Zoe as much attention as she gets now (and lemme tell ya--she gets a lot).<br><br>
Any suggestions?<br><br>
Jesse

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have no experience with this whatsoever but apparently that hasn't stopped me from posting. If your goal is more independence for your dd2 I think the answer is counterintuitive. The more you shower her with (as much) constant attention as you can give the more she will step out on her own. She'll get more security from your attachment and that security will help her when your dc3 arrives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts