Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another lurker popping out here

So my husband really, really loves "Huckleberry" as a middle name for our DS2. I think it sounds pretty cute...Tobin Huckleberry Carrier, and it sounds especially cute when our 21-month old son says it. But is it too weird?? Do you think he'd be embarrassed by his middle name at any point? The rest of our siblings think it'd be a pretty rad name by the time he was in high school and college... The other one I really like is Maxwell, because I like Max a lot.

Thanks!!

Carey

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
DDCC

I think any kid is going to be embarrassed by Huckleberry at some point. Also, it is VERY cute, which might not be appreciated as a 30 year old or older. It also can lead to some nicknaming options that might be tough...dingleberry, f*ckleberry, etc.

That said, if it's something you both really like, you should go for it. I think it's cool to use literary names on kids (our ds3 has Atticus for a middle name). Also, it seems like some kids really embrace having unusual names, and that's always fun.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustSimplicity View Post
I like Maxwell or just "Huck."

I think Huckleberry is cute, but I'm not sure I'd want to be the person stuck with it forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.