Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my toddler ds is 22months and we are still night nursing quite a bit. because he has stopped falling asleep during nursing and i am getting touched out after shorter spurts we usually nurse for a bit and then cuddle the rest of the way to sleep. same thing in the middle of then night and early morning. the last couple of nights between 11pm and 2am ds had nursed for about 20 min each side and then i cut him off. but now he sits up and says "really hungry. belly hurt. me hungry." and then he asks for a banana. i have just been letting him nurse more and trying to sleep through it but it is killing my back and i am exhausted. so should i let him have a banana? i don't want to night wean completely yet but i don't want him to get used to waking up for a snack every night either. i am also concerned about his teeth and eating in the middle of the night. he would take a bottle of almond milk but i know that would be terrible for his teeth. also, he may just be saying this because he knows its a way to get us up out of bed.<br><br>
i want to add that he had a huge dinner last night and the night before about an hour before bed time. also, if you suggest snacks, we don't do gluten or dairy. thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts