Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Appointment today was great. Very Very Very long but great. It was set for 8:30 and I got there just on time. Weighted (same
) and they took blood pressure.
Then I waited some more. At about 9am the midwife came and got me. She went over my records and stuff. Then we did the physical (yippee) and she tried to find the heartbeat but baby was sitting very far back and she could not find it. No worries she said, I will get the UltraSound machine. So 15 minutes later a nurse wheeled in the U/S machine and then we waited some more. Of course my phone rang 2 times and I did have a chance to call DH. He said that the guys called that morning already
Finally, at 9:45 the midwife came back. I guess they were super busy and understaffed today.
She did the US and baby was being very difficult. But we did get to see some really great pictures with all the body parts, little arms and legs, head…….it was so awesome! She took some measurements while there and baby was right on target, at 11w5day!

She took 2 pictures for my records and then we caught one for me and the guys . It is not very good and I am disappointed that it is so blurry after all the great pictures we could have gotten today. There is a baby head and an arm and a leg sticking up but mostly it is blurry.

So then she finished my exam and all is perfect. I go back on Nov 29th at 9am!
I get to see the same midwife this time too. By the way, the reason baby is so hard to find is because my uterus is tipped backwards.

I am a surrogate by the way.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hey Tammy! Sounds like a good appt. Sorry it was so long. How wonderful that you were able to get a few u/s pics, but it is a bummer that they weren't great ones.

How awesome that you are a surrogate. I don't know that I would have the wherewithall to be able to go through the first trimester for someone else. You are an amazing person to do that.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yes I agree you are very amazing! Wow, who are you a surrogate for, if you don't mind me being nosy...
:

·
Registered
892 Posts
tammy, that is fascinating, the surrogacy, tell us more
does the person you are doing it for come w/you to the appointments? does she remind you to drink enough water and sleep 8 hours?

i was sad about my ultrasound pic too, the kid made the COOLEST "breast stroke" legs - like feet together, knees (ok probably no knees yet) apart......and the only pic we got was a little laughing blob. oh well, it's for medical reasons, not entertainment, but STILL....

you could try to scan it in and play w/it on the computer to sharpen it up. that's what i did --

deb

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THank you! Actually I have virtually no m/s so that is a bonus!

THe couple is from Belgium and are wonderful! They can to visit me in April when we first started trying to get pregnant. And they will be here for the birth as well.
I would love to find a local couple so they could really particiapte in the pregnancy more. But these guys are great! They call weekly and always after an appointment! We exchange daily emails and sending pictures all the time.
I dont mind talking about surrogacy at all. Ask away!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If I understand your signature correctly this is the 2nd time you have been a surrogate? How did you get into doing this? Thanks for being so willing to discuss it. I know some people would feel that it is a very personal thing and not want to. I swear that you are going to be one of my heros Tammy.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, this will be my second Surrogate baby.
Way back, about 8 years ago I first heard about surrogacy and knew instantly I had to do that. DH and I wanted to make sure our family was 100% finished before we began our journey into Surrogacy.
So, 5 years later my family was done (4 awesome kids) and I was ready to become a surrogate.
I did a lot of reading message boards and asking tons of questions.
www.surrogatemothersonline.com
www.allaboutsurrogacy.com
are 2 of the most used surrogacy sites. Good place to start.
There any 2 different types of surrogate, Gestational and Traditional, so you have to deside which way you prefer to go. Also, if you want to use an agency to match you of just do it all yourself.
I choose to search independently and found my couple online through surrogacy classifieds. LOL. Sounds silly but I did not know anyone who needed me so I had to look elsewhere.
Long story short, I matched with a nice family who had already had one child through Traditional Surrogacy. It was nice and reassuring that they had already done this.
We got pregnant on our first try and in July 2005, I delivered a big baby boy for them! It was awesome.
Surrogacy is like Tattoos, once you have done it you are addicted.

So, here I am again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts