Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people give their doulas and midwives gifts after their birth? If so what is appropriate?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
This is a good question and I will be interested to see what the others say. After our last baby I got a big basket of fruit and treats and had it sent to the midwives office. I am not sure if I will do that again or something more personal for the one that delivers our baby...I kinda feel like the entire office staff should have a little thank you from us, so this is something that everyone can enjoy.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I made gift bags with wahm-made soaps and lotions for my midwife and each of her assistants. I gave these to them during the follow up home visit after the birth.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am making baby and mama needle felted dolls for both my doula and my doc...<br><br>
They are super duper cute.....<br><br>
We will probably send a gift basket as well after the birth<br><br>
hth

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I am making chipboard scrapbook albums for my midwife and doula. I'm leaving them empty so they can add their own photos of family, friends, whatever. My last birth I gave my midwife a framed poem, and I didn't have a doula.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Gosh, I never gave my midwives gifts. I guess after spending $3000+ for them to care for me and attend my birth....well...I think they got enough LOL. Sounds mean I know....but geesh it's a lot of money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts