Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am a homebirth mom moving to north central Nebraska and am looking for recommendations for a midwife. Personal message me with information.</p>

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
<p>That is going to be very difficult because homebirths are illegal in Nebraska and the climate for non-CNMs is poor.  Are you ok with going to a hospital midwife?  This was what I did (although noplace close to you...I was in Omaha, and saw the midwives at the University of Nebraska Medical Center).  From what I have heard even the underground homebirth folks in NE are pretty downlow and you are probably going to have to get a recommendation from someone who knows someone etc.</p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>I heard that CNMs could practice homebirth, but in my research I have not found any.</p>
<p>Also I have a few leads of a friends who knows of someone and will get me more info later.</p>

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
<p>HBs are not ill<span style="display:none;"> </span><span style="display:none;"> </span>egal<span style="display:none;"> </span>, CNMs cannot l<span style="display:none;"> </span>egal<span style="display:none;"> </span>l<span style="display:none;"> </span>y attend HBs though and in central<span style="display:none;"> </span> NE there aren't many MWs in general<span style="display:none;"> </span> b/c of rivil<span style="display:none;"> </span>eging issues.</p>

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
<p>Sorry my comp<span style="display:none;"> </span>uter is being weird. A l<span style="display:none;"> </span>ot of moms in NE choose to go unassisted b/c of the l<span style="display:none;"> </span>aws. You may join NE friends of Midwives and see if anyone is wil<span style="display:none;"> </span>l<span style="display:none;"> </span>ing to p<span style="display:none;"> </span>ass al<span style="display:none;"> </span>ong names. It's hard to get referral<span style="display:none;"> </span>s for HB MWs if you're an unknown though b/c of the l<span style="display:none;"> </span>itigation invoved.</p>

·
Registered
74 Posts
<p>Homebirths are not illegal in NE. CNM's cannot attend a homebirth in Nebraska but you can go unassisted or find an "underground" midwife, CPM or DEM. There are no laws on homebirth for DEM's or CPM's so they can attend if they chose to. If you befriend the Nebraska Friends of midwives or find another natural ground in Nebraska you will probably find what you are looking for. </p>

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>OK. now I am pregnant and I am not getting any leads for midwives. Has anyone had a Midwife assisted home birth on the west side of Nebraska?</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts