Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!! I'm looking for a midwife in New Jersey-preferably Middlesex, Somerset, Union, or Essex counties. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sure yet where I want to give birth (at home or at the hospital), but I do know that I want the support of a great midwife. Thanks for your help!
Rebecca

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I replied to this thread in finding your tribe, but I'll add it here too just in case.

I love my midwife, here is her website babycatcher.com

she only does homebirths, but she really is great. I had both of my children with her-and cannot recommend her enough.

--in your search you could also check out Avalon midwives in Montclair if you want to go the hospital route. They deliver at Mountainside in Montclair.

someone on the other thread recommended Engelwood birth center-and I'd interview them too. I have friends that have used them and had good experiences.

There is also a midwife practice at the Morristown hospital. I have a friend that delivered there and had an ok time.

also pick up a copy of (I think it's called) Living Naturally, it's the size of a tvguide and I usually see them next to the exit doors at whole foods. there's a provider directory and I've seen other midwives listed.

good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I replied to this thread in finding your tribe, but I'll add it here too just in case.

I love my midwife, here is her website babycatcher.com

she only does homebirths, but she really is great. I had both of my children with her-and cannot recommend her enough.

--in your search you could also check out Avalon midwives in Montclair if you want to go the hospital route. They deliver at Mountainside in Montclair.

someone on the other thread recommended Engelwood birth center-and I'd interview them too. I have friends that have used them and had good experiences.

There is also a midwife practice at the Morristown hospital. I have a friend that delivered there and had an ok time.

also pick up a copy of (I think it's called) Living Naturally, it's the size of a tvguide and I usually see them next to the exit doors at whole foods. there's a provider directory and I've seen other midwives listed.

good luck in your search!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.