Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!! I'm looking for a midwife in New Jersey-preferably Middlesex, Somerset, Union, or Essex counties. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sure yet where I want to give birth (at home or at the hospital), but I do know that I want the support of a great midwife. Thanks for your help!
Rebecca

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Welcome to MDC!!!

I am going to make a copy of your thread over to FYT to see if someone might be able to help you out there!

Good luck~

Lisa:bf

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi there,

I just posted a reply under the vbac question above (you should check it out). I highly highly highly recommend the Childbirth Center in Englewood. It is wholly run and operated by a group of experienced and loving midwives. Lonnie Morris and Melanie Comer are the two that I had contact with. Melanie delivered my baby at Holy Name Hospital and I can't say enough about the care she gave us. She is truly enthusiastic about birth and you could just feel the joy she felt at witnessing such a wonderful experience (amazingly it seems that each and every one is still miracle to her).

I travelled all the way from Hopatcong because they were so worth it. Lonnie is a little less touchy feely, but still wonderful.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do you want specifically a nurse-midwife, or would a direct-entry certified midwife do? I know a cert. midwife in Essex county.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I go to the midwives at Brunswick-Hills OB/GYN practice. There's one in Hillsborough (that's Somerset County) and one in East Brunswick. I really liked two of the three midwives there, and the one who attended my dd's birth (Karen Katz) was terrific.

ETA: They are CNMs

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm in Essex county and I highly recommend my midwife Judy Hagan she only does homebirths, and she's a CNM. I've delivered both my children with her. I love her and her skills are spot on.

good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ladies for your replies-they are greatly appreciated!!!
Melamama, I have heard a lot of postitive remarks about Judy Hagan-anything else you can tell me about her? Thanks!
Take care,
Rebecca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts