Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd hoped for a homebirth, but I'm due in Feb and am too nervous about either homebirth MW being able to get here from either Paonia or Montrose. Anyone have a rec for either a midwife or OB in town? I'm still bfing my 22 month old, so it's important to me that I find someone who's supportive of that. I was induced with DS for my last OB's convenience and I'd really like someone who takes a more natural approach this time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
336 Posts
The only one I know of is Bill Dwelly in Montrose. I too would feel so much more comfortable with someone locally. Have you considered travel to a birth center? There are a few on the front range and (although I'm not pregnant) I thought I'd make a trip of it, get a rental for a month around the time I'm due and have fun in Colorado Springs. Lol it seems a bit far-fetched... just thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know of anybody in GJ, but we used Julianne Guy out of Paonia, and were so happy and comfortable with her! She was amazing. I know she would be totally supportive of you BFing your toddler. We live about as far from Paonia as you do, and she had no trouble getting here in time. She has an office in Carbondale, and I know she has had a number of clients in Junction.<br><br>
There is also a lady in Glenwood Springs, named Jasmine Bissel. I don't have any personal expreience with her, but have heard good things about her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had Sue Hanson of Colorado West Womancare. I had a really good experience with her. I delivered at St. Mary's which was okay. I did take advantage of hot tub, but it is a bit like a baby factory there and they woke us up every three hours at night, whether I had just got the baby to sleep or not, for vitals. 243-7908

·
Registered
930 Posts
I live in GJ and just used Bill to deliver last week, he made it here in plenty of time. If you are looking for a midwife who works at St marys Annie with Mesa midwives is the most hands off and natural I have worked with her on a few occasions as a Doula and she is great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts