Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mamas, we had our first appointment with our midwife yesterday- I'm 19 weeks. We were seeing a hospital based midwife but decided to switch providers and are now having a homebirth. The hospital based midwife listened to baby's heart at 16 weeks and said it sounded great. Yesterday our new midwife listened and said she heard a definite arrhythmia. Now I'm feeling nervous- all of the literature I read online said it could be (and most likely is) benign, which is reassuring. But there is also a chance that it is not and is part of a larger problem. We weren't going to have any ultrasounds but if we hear it again at our next appointment we are going to have one. I called MIL, who is a PA and asked her about it last night- she said DH had one when she was pregnant with him that was so severe they originally thought she was having twins- DH is find and his heartbeat stayed irregular into his teens. This made me feel a bit better, just wanted to see if others have had babies with the same thing

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.